There are a lot of benefits associated with archery that many people don’t even consider. Introducing your kids to the sport of archery can allow them to take advantage of these benefits while helping them development useful lifelong skills. There are both physical and mental benefits that one can reap by participating in the great sport of archery.
Choosing to buy a kids bow and arrow toy can help your little one develop a love for archery early on. Those who want to encourage their kids to enjoy hunting can also provide a toy arrow and bow set to entice their children. One of the biggest benefits of archery is that it is a physical sport that just about everyone can handle regardless of how in shape they are. Archery provides a total body workout starting at the core and moving on out to the arms and fingers.
Top Physical and Mental Benefits Associated with Archery
- Improved Focus – Archery requires the archer to pay close attention to their surroundings and their target. Kids who start partaking in this sport early on will achieve improved focus.
- Improved Flexibility – Archery has the power to improve your overall flexibility by leaps and bounds. While most of the flexibility will be in your hands, you will also have better flexibility in your arms.
- Increased Strength – Archery is a sport that works multiple areas of the body with little exertion. Those who participate in archery on a routine basis will find their arms, hands, and chest growing stronger as time passes. Archery can also help strengthen the core muscles in the body.
- Improved Hand-Eye Coordination – Archery can greatly improve one’s overall hand-eye coordination. Having good hand-eye coordination can come in handy in various aspects of life. Archery also can be a way to train both of your hands to work together as a team, which can be helpful to athletes who participate in other types of sports.
- Increased Patience – When taking a shot with a bow and arrow, you have to wait for the perfect opportunity to nail your shot. You can’t just draw back an arrow and let it fly because you probably will miss your target. Archery can involve deep breathing techniques that can be helpful in high stress situations. Also, having a little extra patience never hurt anyone.
- Cheap Way to Exercise – Instead of shelling out payments for a gym membership, opt for archery instead. Archery is a relatively affordable sport that can promote a healthier lifestyle. People that find it difficult to motivate themselves to exercise will find archery as a cheap way to exercise. Most archery equipment only requires a one-time purchase, so you will not be facing reoccurring fees that rack up to be rather expensive.
- Improved Social Skills – While archery is typical a solo sport, you can join competitions and groups that are dedicated to archery. You will find it easy to make new friends that share your interests in these environments.